First time to make this Creamy Apple Pie and I wanna give myself a pat on the back for a job well done. Woohoo! This Apple Pie is different from all the other Apple Pies I’ve tried because I used Nestle All Purpose Cream in making the apple filling making it rich and creamy.
Medyo matrabaho gawin itong Creamy Apple Pie ng konti — especially when you have a makulit helper like Twinkle..LOL! Buti na lang it’s worth it because it’s so delicious and the whole family loved it.
Sometimes it’s nice to try a new recipe and experiment in the kitchen kasi we discover a lot of new recipes that our family turns out loving. The it becomes part of the regular menu rotation at home.
Thanks to www.createwithcream.ph for giving me the Creamspiration to try this recipe.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Creamy Apple Pie
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 bar butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour for dusting
- 1 tsp butter for greasing
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup Nestlé All Purpose Cream
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 6 pcs apple, peeled and sliced
- ½ tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pc small egg, beaten for egg wash
- Pre-heat oven to 350ᴼF.
- For the crust, combine flour, sugar, salt and butter. Mix with finger tips until small pea-size butter is achieved. Mix water and vinegar. Slowly mix in with the flour mixture using finger tips. Knead until just combined. Divide into 2 portions, form into a ball and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan. Stir in brown sugar, Nestlé All Purpose Cream and salt. Gently heat for 2 minutes while mixing. Transfer into a large bowl to slightly cool.
- Add apple slices, cinnamon powder and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
- Dust the one of the dough with flour and roll into a round 2-inch bigger than the pie pan. Grease a 7-inch pie with butter. Place the rolled out dough and lightly press evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Roll out the other dough and cut into ¾-inch strips.
- Spread the apple mixture on the pie crust. Cover with strips of dough making a lattice pattern. Seal the sides with a fork. Brush with eggwash and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!