Fried Rice has now become a morning staple here at home ever since ODL has started. Everybody needs something heavy for breakfast. Ykaie starts school at 8am and peanutbutter♥ leaves the house for work at 9:30am. At pagkatapos non, syempre, simula nang umaatikabong araw namin ni Twinkle.
Of course, di naman laging garlic rice lang.. so I try to cook different kinds of fried rice. Chinese Sausage Fried Rice is one of their favorites because of how the chinese sausage makes the rice aromatic and flavorful. What I love about this is that there is no staple ingredient. You can put anything in your fridge — any vegetable leftover or even meat leftover from your ulam the night before. Yes, this can be a fridge clean-up dish.
Then, since it’s already filled with all things wonderful, you can eat it as is. Pwedeng wala ng ulam. Or if you’re feeling like indulging, you can serve this with breakfast staples like luncheon meat and crispy dried fish.
What are your breakfast staples at home these days?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 pcs chinese sausage, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ cup frozen carrots and peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp magic sarap/ Patis
- fried luncheon meat
- crispy dried fish
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sliced chinese sausage until brown. Put it aside in the pan.
- In the same pan and oil, sauté chopped garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add green peas, and carrots. mix for about 30 seconds and put it on one side of the pan.
- On the empty side, cook the egg and chop it into pieces using your spatula.
- Add rice and mix well. Stir-fry/ Heat through.
- Season with Magic Sarap or patis.
- Serve with luncheon meat or tuyo or as is.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!