Sandwiches makes for a quick snack or a quick breakfast. That is why I make sandwich spreads from time to time and then put it in the fridge. Just heat up any kind of bread – white bread, wheat bread, or pandesal — then put your sandwich spread. Tapos na. You already have a filling and healthy meal. This is also one of the reasons why I make sure we have lettuce at home. We all love lettuce in our sandwich… whatever the filling is.
The last time we did our grocery, I chanced upon rye bread. It’s really good with tuna so I made a creamy tuna spread. Perfect timing because it’s lent and tuna is a healthy alternative to our usual ham and chicken sandwich.
RELATED POST: Chicken Sandwich Spread
To make this Creamy Tuna Spread, I used tuna in water, celery, dill, white onion, wholegrain mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. I just combined everything in a bowl and mixed it well.
When I make tuna spread, I make sure to put fresh dill. Tinatanggal nya yung lansa or yung fishy taste ng tuna and it adds a certain freshness to the spread. The mustard is optional, it’s actually my first time to put mustard just because we have mustard sa fridge that needs to be used. It turned out okay naman.
Ano pa bang masarap na gawing spread? Share naman kayo ng recipes nyo sa comments…
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2 cans of tuna
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 4 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp chopped dill
- ½ white onion,chopped finely
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- rye bread or any kind of bread
- Combine all the ingredients for the creamy tuna spread in a large bowl and mix well.
- Put in a bottle to store in the fridge. This will keep fresh for 1 week.
- To make the sandwich, toast your bread in the oven toaster and spread about 2-3 tbsp of the tuna on one of the bread, then put a pices of lettuce and top with the other bread.
- Serve and enjoy.