Beef Gyudon is one of the easiest Japanese dishes to make and it really is a comfort in a bowl. I shared with you a recipe before but I made it using the Tiger Tacook Rice Cooker.. as in kasabay sya ng rice maluto. Today, I will share with you kung paano sya lutuin on a stove top.
Yesterday is one of those days that I wasn’t able to go to the market. Good think I have a stock of sukiyaki cut beef in the freezer. The rest of the ingredients are pantry staples naman so it was easy to make this. Yun nga lang I didn’t have spring onions to garnish. Sayang because it adds flavor and makes this dish look more appetizing.
All you have to do is cook the onions with little oil. Then add the beef and sugar and cook until the beef turns brown. That’s when you’ll add the mirin, soy sauce (I use Kikkoman), water, and chicken cube. Simmer this mixture for about 10 minutes or until the sauce gets thinner or you can thicken the sauce using a slurry.
Serve it in a bowl on top of steaming white rice and sunny side up egg. O diba? Ansabe ng Yoshinoya? LOL!
I have a short recipe video of this on Tiktok. Check it out at @peachyadarne.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 500g sukiyaki cut beef
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 white onions sliced
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp kikkoman
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken cube
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water (slurry)
- steamed rice
- fried egg
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat oil in a pot over medium high heat, and cook the sliced onions for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the beef and sugar and cook until the beef is slightly browned.
- Add the mirin, soy sauce, water, and chicken cube . Mix well.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Taste for seasoning, and add a little more soy sauce if needed.
- Assemble everything in a bowl: Put the steamed rice in the bottom. Top with one fried egg and Beef Gyudon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with more gyudon sauce. Sprinkle the egg with black sesame seeds.
- Serve and Enjoy!