Lemonade is one of my favorite refreshing drinks of all time but because of my acid reflux (LPRD/Silent Reflux), I had to stop drinking citrusy drinks for a while. To boost the immune system of my family, though, I still prepare it for them.
Today, I made this cute but yummy Butterfly Pea Cherry lemonade for everyone to enjoy. Cherry Lemonade is a favorite but I added Butterfly Pea Flower Tea (Blue Ternatea) to make it more colorful. It also adds more health benefits. Butterfly Pea Flower Tea helps with anxiety and is an anti-oxidant that slows down aging.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
I always drink this to calm me down and help with my anxiety but today — it makes my lemonade gorgeous. Don’t you agree?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Butterfly Pea Cherry Lemonade
- 4 maraschino cherries, chopped into small pieces + 1 tbsp syrup
- lemon slice
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1/4 cup Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
- Make the Butterfly Pea Flower Tea: Steep butterfly pea flower in hot water for 5 minutes and refrigerate to chill.
- Make the Lemonade: Combine the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1-2 tbsp of sugar and 1 cup water. Mix well. Refrigerate to chill.
- To make the Butterfly Pea Cherry Lemonade: Combine all the ingredients in a tall glass in the following order: cherry, ice, lemon slice, lemonade, butterfly pea flower tea.
- Stir and enjoy as the colors come together beautifully.