It’s been raining for more than a week now. It’s windy. It’s cold. It’s damp. The mood’s gloomy. To warm up our tummies and put smiles on my family’s faces — I cooked them one of our favorite soups — Baked Potato Soup.
This is one of our go to soup during rainy days aside from the usual Sopas. It’s also Ykaie’s favorite soup among all the soups I make for them. Kasi naman, it’s very rich, creamy, at lasa talagang baked potato in each and every bite — very comforting.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
I know it has a lot of ingredients but I’m telling you — it’s worth it. And if you’re a soup person, you will absolutely love this.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Baked Potato Soup
- 250g bacon crumble OR 5 slices bacon, diced
- 3 tbsp bacon grease or butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 chicken cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 5 large potatoes, diced
- ½ cup cheez whiz
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- chopped green onions or chives,
- extra shredded cheese
- extra bacon
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon crumble and cook until crisp or brown.
- Transfer bacon to a small bowl and leave about 3 tbsp of bacon grease on your pot.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for an extra 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add the flour into the mixture and sauté for an additional 1 minute to cook the flour.
- Pour in the stock, stir until combined, then pour in the milk and stir in the potatoes.
- Continue cooking until the mixture just reaches a simmer, before it begins to boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Make sure you stir the soup every so often to prevent the bottom from sticking and eventually burning.
- Once the potatoes are nice and soft, stir in the cheez whiz (or shredded cheddar cheese) and sour cream, and half of the cooked bacon crumble (leave the other half for topping later).
- Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with green onions, bacon crumble, and shredded cheddar cheese before serving.
- You can keep the leftovers in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days… that is if you have leftovers..LOL!
Yummy at healthy and creamylicious
What a amazing soup akala mo yun pwede palang gaein suop ang patatas hehe thanks for this recipes mommy peachy
Grabeee nkakatakam.mommy ,npka creamy pa paniguradong masarap toh ??
Delicious and nutritious? bagay sa panahon natin ngayon❤️
Sarap naman Parang nalalasahan ko kahit sa video yung pagka creamy ❣️
Kahit tingin pa lang Mommy, nakakatakam na. How much more pa kaya kapag natikman na. ?? Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe Mommy Peach
Would love to try this too mamsh?❤️
Ang creamy at ang sarap naman nito Mommy Peachy ?
Ang sarap naman ng creamy soup,. Heathy dish. Lalo sa ngayong naguulan perfect yan.
Our comfort foods tuwing rainy days Mommy.. healthy foods be like.
One of my Comfort food bukod sa sopas.. so creamy at sarap nung madaming bacon at cheese ?
Wow sarap nito mommy lalo na ngayon tag ulan magandang lutuin to
Sarap naman nito napaka healthy Pa. Nakakatakam naman mommy peach. Try ko to