Ulam o Pulutan? Well, because I don’t drink it’s ulam for me…. take note.. with unli rice yan ha. Kasi I don’t think you can eat just one serving of rice with Dinakdakan right in front of you..LOL! Tama ba ko mommies?
Dinakdakan is a popular Ilokano dish made with pork ears, cheeks, jowls, and pork liver tossed in a creamy dressing with calamansi juice, pork brain, and chili peppers. But because there’s no pork brain available, I used mayonnaise na lang. Maybe next time, I’ll get a chance to use pork brain.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
To make this Dinakdakan, I just boiled pork ears, cheeks, and pork liver in water seasoned with salt, bay leaf, garlic, and peppercorns until tender. Then the hubby grilled it until crispy. To make the sauce, I just combined mayonnaise, calamansi juice, liquid seasoning, and sliced onions. Then I combined the sauce and the sliced meat.
I didn’t add finger chilies/siling labuyo because Twinkle will also be eating. Syempre, ayaw ng kids ang spicy. Later on, that evening, this became hubby’s pulutan. That’s when he added finger chilies na…
How about you mommies? Do you also cook Dinakdakan for your family?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:Print
- 800g pork ears and cheeks
- 300g pork liver
- water for boiling
- 3–4 bay leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1–2 tbsp salt
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 6 calamansi
- 2 tsp liquid seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced
- finger chili, siling labuyo (optional)
- Wash and clean the pork ears and pork liver. Put in pot and fill with water.
- Add the bay leaf, salt, garlic, and peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil. Remove the scum/foam on the surface of the water.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes then remove the pork liver.
- Simmer for additional 20 minutes or until tender. Remove pork ears and cheeks from the pot.
- Grill on charcoal or grill pan until crispy.
- Cut on your desired size and put into a large bowl.
- Prepare the sauce: Combine the mayo, liquid seasoning, onions, calamansi juice, and chili, if using, in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pour it into the grilled pork and liver and mix well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Very delicious dish.. the best apng ulam at pulutan.
Ipaluto ko nga din po kay partner ito kase mas magaling po siya magluto kesa sa akin eh. Surely magugustuhan niya po ito.
Specilty ng aking ama ???
Namiss ko ang aking ama, at dahil dyan mommy Peach. Will cook po with your version ??
Ang sarap naman po ng niluto niyong dinakdakan .. Hindi pa pp ako nakakatry kain ng Dinakdakan. Nakocurios po ako kung anong lasa niya. Thanks for sharing your recipe mommy . One of this days makakapagluto din ako ng Dinakdakan .
Sarap nyan ma pa ulam o pulutan man ?
sarap nmn neto pampulutan, try ko nga rin pra sa partner ko
Perfect pang pulutan ,pwede rin pang ulam..I will recommend thjs to my husband for sure magugustuhan nya to..thank you for sharing this recipe mommy❤
Sherep nito my fave
Sarap po niyan, pwede pang ulan,pwede din po pampulutan.
Sherep isa sa fave ko ito mapa pulutan o ulam
Dinakdakan masarap pulutan pero mas masarap ulamin unli rice yan . Gusto ko pag madaming sili. Dahil mahilig ako sa spicy.