When you say SPAM Sandwich — I used to think — fried SPAM, mayo, and white bread. That’s it. These days, I know that we can innovate, re-invent, and level up SPAM. Especially when I tried this SPAM Katsu Sando — hay naku, winner recipe to, mars!
Katsu Sando is a Japanese pork cutlet sandwich made with a thick juicy pork katsu. Instead of using pork, we used SPAM. It was dredged in flour, egg, and bread crumbs before frying it to a crisp. Then it’s made into a sandwich and made more flavorful with katsu sauce and shredded cabbage.
Try this and I’m sure your whole family will love it.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:Print
SPAM Katsu Sando
- 1 can SPAM Classic, cut into 4–5 slices
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 pcs eggs, beaten
- 2 cups japanese bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 10 slices white bread
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Make the Katsu Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Coat the SPAM Classic in flour, egg, then Japanese bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Trim the edges off the bread
- Dip the SPAM Katsu in the katsu sauce.
- Spread japanese mayo in both slices of bread, put the katsu, and top with shredded cabbage.
- Cut the SPAM Katsu Sando in half and serve.