Another ” K-Drama made me cook this” moment! But this time, SPAM® Budae Jjigae naman. Suddenly had a craving for this. Thank fully, all the ingredients are pantry staples, especially SPAM.. Yesss, pati gochugaru, at gochujang dahil nga nahilig na mag-try ng Korean dishes and of course, ng favorite ng lahat: Samgyeopsal.
This dish is very easy to cook, all you need is to fry the SPAM. Combine the garlic, gochugaru, sugar, gochujang, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl. Then you need to sauté the white parts of the leeks, add the chicken stock and gochujang mixture and simmer for 30 minutes before adding the instant noodles — without the seasonings ha.
When the noodles are cooked, add the fried SPAM, and cheese slices, cover for a minute then garnish with soft boiled egg and green leeks before serving.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
O diba, easy lang? This is perfect to eat on a rainy afternoon. I’m sure you always get a craving for ramyun… the next time you get a craving — try this.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 can SPAM® Classic,8 slices lengthwisethen crosswise
- 2 packs instant noodles
- 1 slice American cheese
- 4 tbsp kimchi
- 1 bunch chopped leeks
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 soft boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, Japanese/Korean
- 2 tbsp gochugaru
- 2 L chicken stock
- Heat oil and fry SPAM® Classic.
- Mix the chopped garlic, sugar, vinegar, gochujang, soy sauce, and gochugaru into a paste.
- In the same pot, sweat the white leeks. Add stock into the pot and boil.
- Add the paste into the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 packs of instant noodles into the broth and cover for 3 minutes.
- Arrange the SPAM® Classic slices, kimchi, cheese, and cover for 1 minute.
- Garnish with the chopped green leeks and 1/2 of the soft boiled egg. Serve.