This Chicken with Green Peas and Potatoes recipe holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of the nostalgic flavors of my nanay’s Chicken Guisantes that she used to cook for me when I was young. To make it even more delightful, I decided to include tender potatoes, which my kids absolutely adore.
To be honest, this is one of the easiest and tastiest ulam you can cook.
Watch Chicken with Green Peas and Potatoes Recipe Video
To start cooking, fry the potatoes until brown on the edges. Then You’ll need to sauté the garlic, onion, and tomatoes until the onion is translucent. add the chicken pieces and season with patis to make it more flavorful. Isangkutsa until brown, then add water and peppercorns. Simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, you can add the chicken cubes, green peas, and potatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes. Adjust the seasoning and it’s done. And dali lang diba?
Serve it with steamed rice.
Chicken with Green Peas and Potatoes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 small potatoes, cut into pieces
4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
850g chicken, cut into pieces
2.5 cups water
1 can green peas
1 tsp peppercorns
- Heat cooking oil in a pot and fry the potatoes until cooked. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add chicken. Season with patis and cook until brown.
- Add water and peppercorns.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken cube, green peas, and potatoes. Stir.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Season with more patis if needed.
- Turn off heat and serve with steam rice.