Woohoo! We are finally booked for the beach next month. And I couldn’t be more excited!
You might be wondering why we’re going to the beach when it isn’t even beach season. Well, that’s where we are going to celebrate Ykaie’s 12th Birthday!! ( and of course, for a much needed R&R too!) YAAAAYYYY!!!
Everything is so hectic these days and I am actually wondering where does my time of day goes? I know most of it goes into cooking and preparing lunch and dinner. We-eell, some of it goes into Netflix…. (hay naku, bakit ba na-imbento ang Netflix??) and some, well, some goes into bonding with the kids.
I go to bed at 8-9pm and I wake up at 3am or 4am. And that’s basically what goes into my day.
I think I have to have better time management system. What do you think? kayo? Ano bang schedule nyo?
Part of the reason why I want R&R in November is that I want to re-assess my priorities and do a little meditation and thinking. Well, I am hoping I can do that.
But for the mean time, let’s talk about this Low Carb Beef Pepper Rice.
This is Low Carb because I used Cauliflower Rice instead of regular rice. I didn’t have any sizzling plate so I just cooked the beef in the pan and arranged it around the cauliflower rice on our plate. Then drizzled it with the sauce..
It tasted a lot like the Beef Pepper Rice at Pepper Lunch, heeheePrint
Low Carb Beef Pepper Rice
Adapted it from here.
- 500g beef, Sukiyaki cut
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3–4 tbsp butter mixed
- 1 can corn kernels
- 3–4 tbsp salted butter
honey – garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Cornstarch + 1/4 cup Water (cornstarch slurry)
- Combine soy sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix well. Add the beef and mix well, marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- While it’s marinating, cook your Cauliflower Rice.Recipe here. Set aside and make the honey garlic sauce.
- To make the Honey-Garlic Sauce: Heat oil in a sauce pan and saute onions and garlic until soft. Add the honey, kikkoman, and pepper. Bring to a boil and add the cornstarch slurry. Bring to a boil to thicken, turn off heat and set aside.
- Drain the canned corn kernels and put it in a bowl. Top with the salted butter and microwave until butter is melted. Give it a quick mix and set aside.
- Cook The Beef:
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!