This Classic BUFFALO WINGS is a family favorite and is a regular on the menu rotation — spicy, flavorful, and comes with a creamy, savory dip!
#PHLockdown Day 15.
I finally got a day off in cooking, thanks to Deli in the City for sending over their delicious food and letting us try it. They sent over: Sukiyaki Korean Bibimbop, Beef Caldereta with Mozzarella, Truffle Quattro Formaggi Pizza, American Wagyu Burger, Chicken Rissole with Sauteed Broccoli, and Fresh Salad.
I loved the Bibimbop but the kids devoured the Truffle Quattro Formaggi Pizza and the American Wagyu Burger. If you mommies would like to try their food, check out them out at Deli In The City on Facebook to order.
For the meantime, let me share with you something that’s always on our menu rotation: Classic Buffalo Wings. And because we are on an Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), WALA MUNANG UNLI…. WINGS LANG. LELz.
Aksheli, we always have 1 kilo of frozen wings in the freezer. 1 kilo of wings is ₱200 — that’ about 10-12 wings depending on how big the wings are. We always keep a kilo because we are a family of chicken wings lovers – kesehoda buffalo pa yan, plain, garlic parmesan, hay naku, lafang kung lafang pag wings ang usapan.
But our number one favorite is the Classic Buffalo Wings, opkors.
The signature sauce for Classic Buffalo Wings starts with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – a vinegar-based cayenne pepper sauce. If you don’t have Frank’s, any hot sauce will do — sriracha, jufran, hot saucce packets from pizza joints.
The hot sauce is combined with melted butter, giving the sauce a silky smooth texture which clings nicely to the fried chicken wings. Buffalo wings are typically served with blue cheese dip on the side, as well as celery sticks to help balance the spicy heat in your mouth. Since we don’t have blue cheese (syempre quarantine at sobrang haba ng pila sa supermarket), I just made a Creamy Garlic Dip that’s equally as good with these fiery wings.
Kayo mommies? Anong favorite nyong wing flavor?
OTHER WINGS RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1 kilo chicken wings
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- oil for frying
- ¼ cup hot sauce (preferably frank's)
- ¼ stick of butter
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the Creamy Garlic Dip: Combine sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well and set aside in the fridge. Prepare the dipping sauce ahead of time to give the ingredients a chance to marry each other's flavor.
- In a plate, combine the flour, salt, and pepper and mix well. Set Aside.
- Wash chicken wings and let dry.
- Dredge with the seasoned flour one by one until coated.
- Heat -oil in a wok/pan and fry chicken wings until golden brown.
- Combine the hot sauce, butter, and vinegar in a large bowl and mix well. You can increase or decrease the measurement of the hot sauce depending on the level of spiciness that you prefer.
- Coat each chicken wing with hot sauce mixture. You can brush it OR put into a container and shake -- -just make sure you coat each one.
- Serve with steaming hot rice and celery sticks or carrot sticks on the side
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!