Level up natin ang #MonggoFridays with this Ginisang Munggo with Pata!
It’s my first time to try this. We usually have our Ginisang Monggo with another ulam. Usually something fried — like fried fish, fried liempo, or longganisa because our monggo doesn’t have any other sahog except shredded tinapa. I thought it would be nice to just have the monggo with a little something-something… LOL! So, I added Pata slices (pork hock slices).
What I did is to simmer the Pata slices separately in a pot with water for about 20 minutes or until it became tender. Then I added it to the ginisang monggo and simmer it for another 10 minutes. I still added shredded tinapa and I also added the water where the pata was boiled in to make it super flavorful.
I was right! It was a hit. This will be added in our regular menu rotation.
Hope you’re having a great week!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 3 pata slices (pork hock slices)
- 2 cups green mung beans (monggo);
- boiled in 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup flaked smoked fish (tinapa)
- 1 pork cube ( I used Knorr pork cube)
- 2 cups bitter melon leaves (or more, if you're like me)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or Salt to taste
- Put your slice pata in a small pot and cover it with water. Bring into a boil and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In another pot, sauté garlic, onion and tomato in oil until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tinapa flakes sauté for a minute.
- Pour in boiled monggo including soup. Add in pork cube.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pata slices and some of the water where you boiled it if it's too thick.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce or salt.
- Add bitter melon leaves and simmer for another 10 seconds more minutes.
- Serve wit rice and enjoy!
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!