To be honest, Kangkong and Tofu In Oyster Sauce is really not one of the dishes that’s a regular in our menu rotation. That’s because tofu is one of those food items that I’m still trying to make Ykaie and Twinkle appreciate. BUT! because I’m trying to look for more ways to serve veggies and other healthy dishes, I’m slowly incorporating this to our meals.
Ako, personally, I love tofu — so I love love love this dish. It’s not only delicious, it’s healthy… and most of all budget-friendly. I think that’s what most mommies are looking for in a dish, right?
To cook this dish, I just sautéed everything together. I didn’t use onions because I’m avoiding it for the moment because of acid reflux but you can go ahead and add onions to garlic pag nag-gisa kayo. It’ll definitely make it more flavorful.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Kangkong and Tofu In Oyster Sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp patis
- 3 bunch kangkong leaves, washed
- Heat oil in a pan and fry half of the garlic. Remove the fried garlic and set aside. This will be sprinkled on top of the dish later.
- In the same pan and oil, fry all of the tofu. Remove and set aside.
- Remove excess oil and sauté the remaining garlic until fragrant. Add the tofu back in the pan and mix well.
- Pour in the oyster sauce and water. Add the sugar and patis. Mix well.
- Bring to a simmer and add the kangkong leaves. Cover and simmer until the kangkong leaves is wilted. Mix well.
- Transfer to your serving plate and sprinkle with the fried garlic on top.
- Serve with steamed rice.