I love anything that’s cooked with a rich tomato based sauce .. so this is, hands down, one of my favorite ulams of all times. Specially because it has lots of raisins that gives each bite a hint of sweetness. You can make this with chicken egg but I used quail eggs because it’s cute and I was thinking Twinkle will like it more because of it.
I used pork giniling (or ground pork) but you can also use ground chicken or ground beef. To make that rich sauce, I normally use tomato sauce but since our friends from Hunt’s sent us several packs of tomato paste, that’s what I used. It’s actually cheaper because a 150g pack is equal to a 500g pack of tomato sauce.
PORK GINILING WITH QUAIL EGG RECIPE VIDEO
What I love about this is that it’s an easy to cook, one-pan recipe that has a lot of flavors. Leftovers can be made into torta or tortang talong. And it’s a budget-friendly dish too.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Pork Giniling with Quail Eggs
- 20 pieces quail eggs, cooked and peeled
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 500g ground pork
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 pack of Hunt’s Tomato Paste
- 2 cups cup water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp patis/fish sauce
- In a wok, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil and sauté garlic and onions until onion become translucent.
- Put in ground pork and cook around five minutes, allowing the meat to turn a little brown and bring out the oil.
- Pour in tomato sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and raisin. Mix well
- Simmer for another 10 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are cooked
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hard-boiled eggs and simmer for 30 seconds
- Turn-off heat and serve with steamed rice.