This Mixed Seafood in Garlic Butter Sauce happened to celebrate my late tatay’s birthday last November 2. We’ve been eating a lot of seafood lately mostly because we are trying to avoid too much red meat in our diet. This and more recipes you can find in this cooking show. Alam nyo na we are not getting any younger so we’ll try anything to keep us “healthy” even though we know how indulgent garlic butter sauce is. LOL.
And because we are trying to celebrate nga, I thought it would be nice to have different kinds of seafoods mixed together. I was going to get crabs mixed in sana pero walang fresh crab sa market that day. So I put together shrimp, mussels, and squid then I just added corn. The last time we had this, we just ordered from a restaurant — one pound shrimp and one pound mussels for P1,300. This time, I had a kilo of both shrimp and mussels tapos may half a kilo of squid pa for just P1,000. Talagang makakamura ka when you cook it at home versus ordering from a restaurant.
Hope you give this recipe a try, mga mars..
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:Print
Mixed Seafood in Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1kg shrimp
- 1 kg mussels
- 500g squid
- 2 corn, cut into pieces
- 1 block butter
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or calamansi juice)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and debeard the mussels. Steam in salted water until they open. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and clean the squid, slice and boil in salted water for 1 minute.
- Boil the corn in salted water until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a large wok, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are orange.
- Add the lemon/calamansi juice.
- Add the squid, mussels, and corn.
- Mix well until everything is coated with the sauce.
- A tool for converting units of measurement that will help you in cooking Oneconvert.