Ginisang Alamang with Kamias and Ampalaya is a budget-friendly and healthy dish you can cook whenever there’s fresh alamang (micro shrimp) available in the market. This is one of the dishes that I learned to cook and eat now that I’m already married.
I know that this is an old recipe because I discovered this while buying ulam in an old carinderia in Malabon. Yes, Iwe were buying ulam because we were too lazy to cook that day. I was intrigued when I first saw this because it was my first time to see ampalaya and kamias together in a dish and these were two of my favorites.
And so, I told myself I’d just recreate this at home so I can share it with you.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Ginisang Alamang with Kamias and Ampalaya
- 1/4 fresh alamang (micro shrimp)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium ampalaya
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 pieces kamias, sliced
- 1 tsp fish sauce (patis)
- Cut bitter melon in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds using a spoon. Make sure you scrape out all the white stuff.
- Slice it diagonally and put into a bowl. Smother it with salt, make sure each slice gets some salt into them and let it stand for about 5 minutes. Rinse it off with water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the fresh alamang and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the ampalaya and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer until ampalaya is cooked and some of the water has evaporated.
- Season with patis and pepper to taste.
- Add the sliced kamias and turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
Wow. This looks so masarap mommy… Alamang with kamias.. Yay… Will try to make this mommy..
Never ko pa to natikman na may kamias po, will try this recipe too
Ang sarap nito momsh Nagluluto din po kami nan alamang pede pala siya samahan Ng kamias, Mai try nga po thanks momsh
Nagluto nito si MIL ko binigyan kami ang sarap momsh di ko na napicturan dami naming nakain hehe
Curious ako sa lasq ng dish na yan momsh.
Thanks for sharing this recipe never pa ako nakatikim ng ganyan
Sana one day makaluto din ng ganyan at matikman.
Try ko din tong recipe mo na ito momsh. Salamat
Madalas magluto ang mga tita ko nang alamang pero torta ang luto nilang ginagawa masarap sya.. Pero di pa na try ganitong may camias..?
Dahil abundant ang kamias smen ,gnyn luto ni tata ko , sarap
This looks so delicious!
Typican na kong nkakakkita ng dish nato sa province but havent tried it with kamias …looks delish and really since masyado akong fan ng mga new foods sa paningin ko…love to try thisss!
Love this, yummy and healthy!
This is so promising! Bago to sa akin. Hindi ko pa na-try.
Sarap! Thank you for sharing your recipes po.
Wow bagong recipe na naman to na kakaiba sakin..hehehe thanks mommy peach..Keep on sharing po ng masasarap na luto nyo..Ang hirap po kasi talaga magisip ng ulam
Easy recipe to learn, really good taste and yoummy!
WOw 😍😮 kakaiba po tong luto , hndi ko pa po ito natry 😋😊 kahit bagoong ulam na at budget friendly talaga khit saan pwede iaapply ang bagoong at may iba2x din pong versoion ng pagluluto nito ,thanks for sharing this recipe 😊