Paksiw na Isda is the healthiest and easiest dish that I know of. This is my go to ulam when I feel like I’ve been too much red meat or oily food the past week. Most of the time, I cook Bangus or Milk Fish or Bisugo or Goatfish but I chanced upon medium talakitok in the market the past week. Naisip ko agad — ang sarap ng Paksiw na Talakitok!
Paksiw is a Filipino dish wherein the fish is poached together with eggplant and bitter melon in seasoned vinegar.
This is the least of my favorite ulam growing up.. and if ever I eat it, I only eat the fish. Goodbye sa eggplant at amapalaya. Ngayon, I live for the vegetables in Paksiw! — ang sarap isawsaw sa patis na may sili!
Kayo mommies, anong favorite nyong i-paksiw? Alam ko na.. Lechon at Pata! LOL!
Hindi yon. Anong favorite nyong isda ang i-paksiw!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 5 pieces medium m talakitok fish, washed and cleaned
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1-inch know of ginger sliced
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 ampalaya (bittermelon) cleaned, washed in salt to remove the bitterness, and sliced
- 2 finger chillies
- Combine the water, vinegar, ginger in a pot.
- Arrange the sliced ampalaya, eggplant, finger chillies, and the fish in a layer.
- Bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for about 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice and a dipping sauce of patis with siling labuyo.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!