This Truffle Mushroom Shrimp Pasta is an easy, creamy, elegant dish that’s perfect for romantic dinners at home and Sunday lunch with the family.
I’m a fan of Truffle Mushroom Cream pastas and I can’t count how many times I’ve made it for my family. It’s very easy to make and it’s one of those pastas that’s perfect for those days when you’d prefer to take on meatless meals.
To make it a little bit different this time, I added shrimp. What I love about shrimp is that it takes no time to cook — just a quick sauté in olive oil and it’s done. Second thing I love about it is that it gives so much flavor! The truffle cream pasta was completely changed — it became a lot more flavorful and a lot more tasty.
Everyone loved it, including my sister who calls herself Anney who lives next door. Because of this, I thought it would be nice to cook a pasta dish once a week for the family. Minsan kasi I get carried away with our everyday life and what my family likes — so a lot of dishes gets repeated over and over.
Kayo mga mars, anong pasta dish ang madalas nyong iluto for your family aside from Pinoy Spaghetti?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Truffle Mushroom Shrimp Pasta
- 500g spaghetti noodles , cooked according to package direction
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 500g shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream (or all-purpose cream)
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 – 2 tbsp Truffle oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot and sauté half of the garlic until fragrant.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with about ¼ tsp salt. remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and cook shrimp until pink, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add flour and stir to form a roux. Add water and whisk until free of lumps.
- Pour in condensed cream of mushroom soup and heavy cream. Add the chicken cube, shrimp, and shiitake mushroom. Set aside a few pieces to top your pasta for serving.
- Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat, add truffle oil and give it a quick stir.
- Scoop over pasta on a plate and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese on top. Top with the shrimp and mushroom you set aside.